The „International Business & Finance“ Master Program is a full-time, truly global program, which will inspire and challenge you over 18 months as you develop strategic, financial, business and leadership capabilities. All lectures are taught entirely in English. Therefore, the program attracts students from all over the world. Due to its up-to date program design and its focus on International Corporate Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, International Banking (incl. Investment Banking), International Management and Corporate Strategy theories, topics and case studies we have been faced with a massive growth of applications and students and could position our Master as one of the international university benchmark programs.
According our “Classroom theory matches Corporate World” concept lectures will be framed by presentations, research projects, Master Thesis, company visits and discussions with Blue Chip Corporates, Investment Banks, M&A advisers and Strategy Consultancies.
Today’s employers want Master students to be equipped to work in an international, dynamic, and disruptive marketplace and competitive environment with social responsibility. Therefore our vision is to assist students to become “sought after personalities”, bridging the gap between first class theory competencies and a good sense for global business reality.
Upon graduation, students will be able to advance to leadership positions in multinational or medium-sized companies. Alternatively students might start their career as corporate finance or strategy consultant. Graduates will specialize in financial fields and entrepreneurially-driven fields.
The „International Business & Finance (IBF)“ Master Program is a truly global program:
- Our students come from all over the globe. Roughly one third of our students have a German origin, another third come from our non-German European neighbour countries, and the last third from the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Africa.
- Therefore, no wonder, all our lectures are taught entirely in English. The kick-off of our IBF-Master is a 3-day Boot-Camp in a nice Castle nearby Augsburg where we will work already on international business and finance issues and how to overcome “the culture clash”. And also throughout our entire program you will be exposed to an international setting together with a global peer group.
- The program design is as well based on international standards and benchmarks, as our topics like International Corporate Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, International Banking (incl. Investment Banking), International Management and Corporate Strategy theories, topics and case studies are, in their nature, indeed truly global management issues and problems to be solved
- We have been faced since a couple of years with a massive growth of applications and students and could position our Master as one of the international scientific benchmark program in Management and Finance.
- Today’s employers want Master students who have the competencies to work in an international, dynamic, and disruptive marketplace and competitive environment with social responsibility
Information about admission requirements
Application period: 1st of May till 15th of June
Target class size: 30-35 students
- Motivation Letter
- You should have passed a Bachelor program with at least 210 ECTS. In case of up to 30 ECTS missing you might bridge those in the first term with additional lectures or on-the-job experience
- Your Bachelor studies should at least be linked to finance, strategy and management
- The hurdle rate for the grade is 2.5 or better according to the German grading system. If you have a foreign Bachelor Degree, a preliminary review documentation (VPD) from uni-assist is required.
- An English (TOEFL or IELTS) test is mandatory for all non-native speakers (only exception US, UK); the TOEFL hurdle rate is 85 points, the IELTS hurdle rate is 7.0
- No mandatory German as all lectures are in English. We offer German as well as many other language lectures by our University
- First-hand experience (e.g. internships...) in finance and strategy
- Informations to the application
Applications should be sent to:
An der Hochschule 1
The semester fee is 114,85 euros per term. This sum is made up of the Student Services fee of 52,00 euros and the fee for the semester ticket of 62,85 euros. You will find detailed information on:
This is what our graduates say
"As an international student, it is very hard to cope with international standard of studies, but at IBF program it was completely different. Innovative teaching methods with modern teaching facility which the program offered had helped us a lot to prepare for our professional career and meet our goal.
Experienced, motivating & energetic professors along with helpful International Office and Studentenwerk were always there for us. Individual counseling was provided to international students when needed which gave us feeling of home away from home.
Regarding my journey coming from Himalayan country Nepal to the historic city of Augsburg, Germany, it was very hard to get used to a new culture. IBF program had not only helped me to learn the culture but enriched me with a lot of academic and interpersonal skills required for future career. Real life projects and extracurricular activities had helped me personally to prepare myself for my managerial carrier. Exchange semester was a window to experience a new culture and multicultural working experience. During my studies, I got in contact with the world's famous consulting companies at Firmenkontaktmesse Pyramid, and later got a chance to do an internship at the same company as well. Currently, I am excelling in my career with the things which I have learned during my studies at MA IBF.
I am really proud to be a part of MA IBF program 2013 and would definitely recommend this course to international students who are looking for managerial or entrepreneurial positions in the future".