The „International Business & Finance“ Master Program is a full-time, truly global program, which will inspire and challenge you over 18 months as you develop strategic, financial, business and leadership capabilities. All lectures are taught entirely in English. Therefore, the program attracts students from all over the world. Due to its up-to date program design and its focus on International Corporate Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, International Banking (incl. Investment Banking), International Management and Corporate Strategy theories, topics and case studies we have been faced with a massive growth of applications and students and could position our Master as one of the international university benchmark programs.
According our “Classroom theory matches Corporate World” concept lectures will be framed by presentations, research projects, Master Thesis, company visits and discussions with Blue Chip Corporates, Investment Banks, M&A advisers and Strategy Consultancies.
Today’s employers want Master students to be equipped to work in an international, dynamic, and disruptive marketplace and competitive environment with social responsibility. Therefore our vision is to assist students to become “sought after personalities”, bridging the gap between first class theory competencies and a good sense for global business reality.
Upon graduation, students will be able to advance to leadership positions in multinational or medium-sized companies. Alternatively students might start their career as corporate finance or strategy consultant. Graduates will specialize in financial fields and entrepreneurially-driven fields.
The „International Business & Finance (IBF)“ Master Program is a truly global program:
- Our students come from all over the globe. Roughly one third of our students have a German origin, another third come from our non-German European neighbour countries, and the last third from the Americas, Asia-Pacific and Africa.
- Therefore, no wonder, all our lectures are taught entirely in English. The kick-off of our IBF-Master is a 3-day Boot-Camp in a nice Castle nearby Augsburg where we will work already on international business and finance issues and how to overcome “the culture clash”. And also throughout our entire program you will be exposed to an international setting together with a global peer group.
- The program design is as well based on international standards and benchmarks, as our topics like International Corporate Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, International Banking (incl. Investment Banking), International Management and Corporate Strategy theories, topics and case studies are, in their nature, indeed truly global management issues and problems to be solved
- We have been faced since a couple of years with a massive growth of applications and students and could position our Master as one of the international scientific benchmark program in Management and Finance.
- Today’s employers want Master students who have the competencies to work in an international, dynamic, and disruptive marketplace and competitive environment with social responsibility.
Information about admission requirements
Application period: 1st of May till 15th of June
Target class size: 30-35 students
- Motivation Letter
- You should have passed a Bachelor program with at least 210 ECTS. In case of up to 30 ECTS missing you might bridge those in the first term with additional lectures or on-the-job experience
- Your Bachelor studies should at least be linked to finance, strategy and management
- The hurdle rate for the grade is 2.5 or better according to the German grading system. Our International Office will transfer international grades into a comparable German grade
- An English (TOEFL or IELTS) test is mandatory for all non-native speakers (only exception US, UK); the TOEFL hurdle rate is 85 points, the IELTS hurdle rate is 7.0
- No mandatory German as all lectures are in English. We offer German as well as many other language lectures by our University
- First-hand experience (e.g. internships...) in finance and strategy
- Informations to the application
Applications should be sent to:
An der Hochschule 1
Roughly 100 € per term (1st and 2nd term); the 3rd term fees depend on the chosen partner university