Change of program
The once made choice to study does not have to be ultimate. It can happen that you realize during your studies you took the wrong subject. If you consider a change of subject, we will gladly support you in your decision making.
A change to another course of studies is possible if slots are available in your newly chosen course.
Please consider the following formal requirements:
- Changes of subject can only be applied for respecting the determined deadlines. Your application must be written/by letter.
- If you want to change to a course that overlaps in content with your previous subject, you have the opportunity of entering at a higher semester in the program. In case you apply for a higher semester the amount of considered credits will be taken into account for your classification and approval.
Entry into a higher semester
If you wish to apply for entry into the first semester and a higher semester of a restricted admission bachelor’s degree program at the same time, you will have to complete the online registration at hochschulstart.de first and then submit your application for entry into the first semester of the restricted admission bachelor’s degree program on the university’s applicant portal. Afterwards, you can attach your application to start the degree program in a higher semester on the university’s applicant portal.
If you consider a change of university or your course of studies, please make use of our student counselling to discuss whether it is possible for you to be accepted at the UAS Augsburg and whether you can continue your studies without a disruption.
Please choose the relevant program and you will find the responsible faculty academic advisor below.
Unrelated to this, all applications for a winter semester must be submitted latest 15th of July each year. For the summer semester all applications must be submitted until the 15th of January each year.
Applications must be handed in written at the students office. Only registering online is not sufficient.
Additional to the requested documents in the application form you have to submit the following:
- An up to date transcript of records made be the examination office of your current university
- A list of all exams you will undertake until you will change your course of studies
- A list which contains the content of your taken courses including credit hours.
Study times and credits will only be considered if there is sufficient similarity between your old and new course of studies. That is only the case if times and requirements in content, scope and demands are corresponding those required at your new course of studies.
You are starting to doubt your decision to study and are thinking whether you should continue?
Despite wanting to continue studying you have to drop out of university?
In these cases we gladly discuss alternatives with you. Besides changing your course of studies there are numerous options on the job market.
Via “jobs for university dropouts” at the online job platform you can directly search for a suiting career opportunity.
Furthermore, a dedicated counselling office will support you (website German only): Handwerkskammer Schwaben. It will show you career opportunities and has the aim of a long-term solution for connecting dropouts with companies.
You can receive counselling every Thursday between 16:00 and 17:00 at the University of Applied Sciences Augsburg in room B 2.12). *
* during semester break only on appointment