The International Office provides services to international students as well as to any student of Augsburg University of Applied Sciences who plans to study abroad.
- offer advice on the application process at Augsburg University of Applied Sciences.
- help you to get settled in Augsburg and find your way around the university.
- organize workshops for you as well as information sessions on important and interesting topics.
- offer you support if you are planning to study abroad as part of your study program.
- give advice on scholarships and funding opportunities.
- are always there for you!
Information about Covid-19 & entry from abroad
Due to the Covid 19 pandemic, certain hygiene and safety regulations also apply at Augsburg University of Applied Sciences. Therefore please note the following:
- Before entering Germany or entering Augsburg University of Applied Sciences for the first time, please check whether you come from a risk area. In Germany, risk areas are defined by the Robert Koch Institute.
Anyone who has been in a risk area in the last 10 days or who has tested positive for Corona is not allowed to enter the university just like that! Therefore we ask you to inform us.
You can also find further information in the FAQ for students.
Information on Covid-19 regulations at the university
At the university, the so-called 3G rule applies. That means that you are only allowed to enter our university if meet one of the following criteria:
- Vaccinated: In Germany, you are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after your last dose. Please note that not all vaccinations are recognized in Germany. If you have another immunization, not on the list, you are not considered vaccinated in Germany. As a Student, you can get the vaccination at any time. For that, you can make an appointment at various doctors, places within the city or at the vaccination centre of Augsburg.
- Tested negative: You can find testing stations at various locations in Augsburg. You have to bring a negative test result electronically or on paper to the university as proof. PCR, PoC-PCR, and NAT tests are allowed, which are not longer than 48 h ago. PoC antigen tests that date back no longer than 28 h are also recognized. You can find a list of test stations at the homepage of the Augsburg government.
- Recovered: If you have already had Covid, you are considered recovered. The disease must have occurred at least 28 days and at most 6 months ago. The proof can be in English, German, French, Italian or Spanish language.
Please note that the university must ensure that everyone follows the regulations. Therefore, regular, close-meshed and consistent checks will be carried out. If you do not comply with the 3G law, you will be sent off from campus.
Please keep the safety distance of 1.5 m and wear a mask. Only medical masks are allowed in the buildings and rooms, i.e., lecture halls and seminar rooms. It is allowed to take off the mask in the rooms if the safety distance of 1.5 m can be maintained.
The participants of each face-to-face event are required to scan the respective QR code with their smartphone before entering and after leaving a room. This also applies while entering offices of employees. You will find the QR code on the door sign or the door directly.
For all regulations within Augsburg (restaurants, hotels, etc.), please visit the official homepage of the Government.
Support during quarantine
Support with visa matters
You will soon be studying at Augsburg University of Applied Sciences and need a confirmation that the teaching will take place in presence? Then contact us at the International Office. We will be happy to help you.
We have also compiled the most important information about visas and residence rights.
Consultation hours & advice
You have questions or do not know where to go? We offer regular consultation hours or you can make an appointment with us. Due to the current restrictions, consultation sessions are only available online.
When? - every Thursday 10.00 - 12.00 am
Where? - At Zoom: https://hs-augsburg.zoom.us/j/97713070128
Scholarships & funding opportunities
There are a variety of scholarships and funding opportunities that you can use to finance (part of) your studies. If you would like to find out more, you can ask us for advice or find more information online about the funding opportunities for foreign students.
Events for foreign students
Together with other service facilities of the Augsburg University of Applied Sciences we offer you a variety of information events and workshops on different topics.
The following is planned for the summer semester 2020/2021 (selection):
- Financing & funding opportunities for foreign students (Information event / International Office)
- Examination management & change of study program (information event / central student advisory service)
- Study digitally (Zoom-Workshop/ hsa_link)
- and much more!
The Welcome Day for international freshmen will also take place in the beginning of the semester. More information will follow soon.
More information about the events and registration can be found in our event catalog!