English Communication Skills for Electrical and Mechatronics Engineers
This course enables you to communicate professionally in business and technical contexts. We will work on four essential communicative skills (speaking, reading, listening and writing).
In pairs, small groups and on the basis of case studies we will train a wide variety of language, presentation and negotiating skills to help you become a more professional communicator in an English-speaking intercultural environment. Possible topics include: Smart Grid, Fuel Cell Vehicles, Welding Robots, Renewable Energies, Recycling, Efficient Energy Design, Quality Control. Students will reach an intermediate+ level of English.
- Butzphal/Maier-Fairclough: Career Express Business English
- B2 /C1(Cornelsen)
- Mark Ibbotson Professional English for Engineering (Cambridge University Press)
- Mark Ibbotson English for Engineers (CUP)
- Technoplus Englisch Multimediales Sprachlernprogramm
- David Bonamy Technical English 1-4 (Pearson/Longmann )
- Oxford English for Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Paul Dummett Electricity English for the Gas and Electricity Industries (Summertown Publishing)
- English for the Energy Industry (Cornelsen)
- English for Mechanical Engineering (Garnet Education)
30 h Lehrveranstaltung; 15 x 90 Minuten