Full-time, Dual cooperative study program
Master of Engineering
Admission Type below
Environmental engineering is one of the key technologies of the 21st century. Consequently, there is a great demand for engineers with know-how in this field.
This master’s program in environmental and process engineering, spread over three consecutive semesters, is designed to meet that demand:
- It is practice-based and application-oriented.
- It is interdisciplinary with a focus on process engineering.
- The aim of the course is to prepare graduates for specialized occupations in this field; it therefore includes scientific methods of working, business management and organizational qualifications, plus other key qualifications.
The program consists of two theory semesters and a master’s thesis, to be written during the third semester.
The profile of this degree program is closely connected to the profile of the region of Augsburg (“Center of Resource Efficiency”) and local companies and institutions with an international focus.
Graduates of this program are qualified to use their specialized knowledge of process, environmental and energy engineering for the development, planning and operation of processes and plants.
In particular, these skills can be used in the material conversion industry and in the fast-growing field of environmental service provision.
- Inzenyr (Ing., Brno University of Technology)
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng., Augsburg University of Applied Sciences)
in 2x2 semesters:
- 2 semesters at Augsburg University of Applied Sciences (60 ECTS Credits)
- 2 semesters at Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (Czech Republic; 60 ECTS Credits)
Information about admission requirements
Students can start this degree program in either the summer or winter semester. Since the course is offered on yearly rotation, the first study semester corresponds to either the student’s first (beginning in the summer semester) or second (beginning in the winter semester) semester on the program, as specified in the curriculum.
The application procedure takes place twice a year. Application period for a place
- starting in the summer semester: 15 November – 15 December of the previous year (final deadline)
- starting in the winter semester: 2 May – 15 June (final deadline)
- Applicants must have successfully completed a Bachelor`s degree of Engineering with at least 210 CP (ECTS) and fulfill minimum entry requirements.
- German – minimum level B2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages CEFR).
The application consists of
1. the online application
2. the following documents
- a copy of your identity card/passport
- your résumé
- a certified translation of your university entrance qualifications (e.g. high school certificate)
- proof of German language skills, at least level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- degree certificates for a first cycle degree within the Bologna Process, i.e. a certified copy of your degree certificate for a first cycle degree (including equivalent grades) in German or translated into German. It should explicitly state the overall final grade and the number of ECTS credits gained. If you do not yet have a degree certificate, please include a certified Transcript of Records, explicitly stating your current moving average grade and the number of ECTS credits you have gained.
Please note that we can only consider complete applications for our selection process.
Do you find that the practical focus of the courses in our faculty is not enough for you? Would you prefer a closer tie between theory and practice?
“hochschule dual”, the Bavarian industry’s partner in education, offers you a
Degree program with in-depth practice: intensive practical experience in a company (semester vacation, internship for a semester) supplements the Environmental and Process Engineering degree program.