Intermediate Business & Technical English (B2+)
Kurzklausur am Ende des Seminars und mündliche Prüfung,
Für Studierende aller anderen Fakultäten: Englischkenntnisse auf dem Niveau B2.
Your success in the world of work will depend to a large extent on your ability to communicate effectively in English. This course will provide you with a lot of speaking practice as you will take part in lively group activities and pair work aimed at improving your language skills and confidence. Furthermore, completion of the recommended homework and self-study tasks make the course even more effective.
Among the topics covered are:
- Social interaction – introductions, small talk
- Writing minutes, notes and short emails
- Studying at university in Germany and abroad
- Work culture and internships
- Talking about products and their technical aspects
- Making short presentations
- Describing trends and change
- Discussing finance and money
- Discussing topics related to your course of studies
- Expanding your business and basic technical vocabulary
- Acquire new and consolidate previously learned vocabulary, including many important work-related English expressions.
- Be able to speak and interact effectively and with confidence in diverse contexts about a variety of study/business-related topics.
- Learn to enjoy holding mini presentations in English.
- Develop your self-study skills and become an independent and motivated English-language learner.
Course materials will be made available on Moodle and in class.