English Communication Skills for Mechanical and Process Engineers
- Acquire new and consolidate previously acquired vocabulary, including many important work-related English expressions.
- Be able to speak and interact effectively and with confidence in diverse contexts about a variety of study/technology-related topics.
- Learn to enjoy holding mini presentations in English.
- Develop your self-study skills and become an independent and motivated English-language learner.
Your success in the world of work will depend to a large extent on your ability to communicate effectively in English. This course will provide you with a lot of speaking practice as you will take part in lively group activities and pair work aimed at improving your language skills and confidence.
You will also be given the opportunity to expand your technical English vocabulary useful for studying abroad and working in an English-speaking environment. Furthermore, completion of the recommended homework and self-study tasks make the course even more effective.
Among the topics covered are:
- Social interaction – introductions, small talk
- Writing minutes, lecture notes
- E-mail writing
- Work culture and internships
- Talking about products and their technical aspects
- Talking about processes
- Holding short presentations
- Discussing topics related to your course of studies
- Expanding your business and basic technical vocabulary
Course materials will be made available on Moodle and in class