Bachelor of Science
1st-3rd semester in English, afterwards in German/English
Selection procedure by aptitude test
Application: 2 May to 15 June
- Apply via HISinOne and additionally send application documents to the Augsburg University of Applied Sciences by post or hand them in at the Student Office, by June 15, 2021.
- After your application via HISinOne you will receive the link for the aptitude test in your confirmation of receipt email. You have two weeks to do this, by June 15, 2021 at the latest.
- University entrance qualification: In case of a foreign university entrance qualification, you need to have an officially certified translation as well as the preliminary review documentation (VPD) issued by www.uni-assist.de or the qualification accreditation office of Bavaria (Zeugnisanerkennungsstelle Bayern) must also be submitted.
For further information on application and admission, please visit:
For further information on International Information Systems see Application and admission
Recognized German language tests (see Information Systems Bachelor)
Service and support of the International Office
Advising and (financially) supporting foreign students.
Please note the language requirements: German DSH at least level 1, TestDaF at least level 3 in all 4 exam parts (the proof is only required for enrollment); English at least B2 level according to CEFR recommended
We want to point out that a good to very good English knowledge is required for the study program, as lectures in the first three semesters are held exclusively in English. From the 3rd semester on, lectures and events will be held either in English or German.
Further information for certificates and language offers can be found in the Center for Languages an Intercultural Communication: www.hs-augsburg.de/en/International/ZSI
It is young, interdisciplinary and has a global future: The information systems discipline is one of the most important disciplines of the 21st century. Computers and the internet have changed not only our everyday life worldwide, but also our working world. International IT specialists in information systems are in greater demand today than ever before. They have the best career opportunities not only in the field of information technology, but also in business and administration. With their specialist knowledge and international skill set, graduates can be employed in a wide variety of fields globally.
Study International Information Systems in Augsburg
In addition to practice-oriented knowledge in the areas of software development and modelling, the course of studies also provides the business management know-how required for project planning and implementation of application-oriented IT solutions. Moreover, the course of studies imparts the skills to successfully manage projects in an international environment and to be able to act confidently in intercultural working environments. This is guaranteed by courses held in English, the culturally mixed student body, the teaching of intercultural skills, and the possibility of semesters abroad in various partner universities. Due to a high proportion of subject-related electives, there are very good opportunities to determine the main focus of studies according to personal interests. In addition, skills such as teamwork, project management and presentation techniques are specially trained - so nothing stands in the way of an optimal international career start!
The two-semester orientation program imparts basic knowledge in the fields of information systems, computer science and business administration. Students learn computer basics, software development, databases, statistics and accounting. Technical English and foreign language skills are also in focus. International students learn German, German students learn a second foreign language from the range offered by the university's language center.
From the third semester onwards, the specialization phase begins in the four subject areas. The curriculum now includes customizing and programming of information systems, data analytics and applied artificial intelligence. Business management knowledge is extended by knowledge from the areas of controlling, production & logistics, finance and e-business. The students bring their foreign language skills to a higher level.
While lectures in these two initial phases are held in English, lectures from the fourth semester onwards are held in German or English to enable international students to further improve their German language skills.
In the fifth semester, in addition to further specialization, students will be able to apply what they have learned in an internship semester. Within the framework of larger IT projects in companies, students have the opportunity to independently put their acquired know-how into practice.
Offering elective courses in the intensification phase gives the students the opportunity to choose modules in the last two semesters that match their aptitudes and later career expectations. The offer is adapted by the faculty to the current requirements.
The job description of an international business information specialist is complex and differentiated. It includes the support of larger networked IT systems, application programming, system analysis and maintenance of existing software systems, concept creation of new applications, business process reengineering, planning and implementation of large global IT projects, sales, support and construction of applications, consulting on issues of information processing, training of employees and customers as well as web design and multimedia production. In view of a general shortage of computer scientists and IT specialists, the global career opportunities for business IT specialists are also very good in the future.
Career as an international IT expert
The “International Information Systems” (IIS) Bachelor program is a truly global program. Information systems today are used globally and must be business-oriented – therefore, the program design focuses on information technology and business administration as well as language and intercultural management. Throughout our entire program, you will be exposed to an international setting together with a global peer group.
Career in the economy of Augsburg & Munich Metropolitan Region
Our graduates are popular and sought-after personalities in corporations. Through practical and application-oriented training, we create digital specialists whose expertise and innovative spirit are of central importance to our company partners in Augsburg and the Munich Metropolitan Region.
Career as a digital founder
The labor market situation for IT experts is currently extremely comfortable. For more and more university graduates, however, starting their own business is a serious and attractive alternative. First point of contact in this case: the initiative HSA_digit.
Career as a young researcher
The research institutes located at the Faculty of Computer Science also offer interested parties the opportunity to join the scientific community as research assistants or employees. HSA_innos works on behalf of companies and public funding bodies on IT security issues. HSA_ired develops highly innovative solutions for fast transmission, processing and distribution of electronic data.
- Our students come from all over the globe. The course of studies is designed in such a way that foreign students are successively introduced to the German language and culture in order to be able to apply for jobs in German companies.
- It is therefore no wonder that all our lectures are taught entirely in English at the beginning. Lectures from the fifth semester onwards are mainly held in German to enable international students to further improve their German language skills.
- The Augsburg University of Applied Sciences maintains a large network of partner universities worldwide. In addition to the possibility of spending a semester abroad, degree seekers, incoming and outgoing students ensure an intensive international perspective.
- International Week offers a varied lecture program with guests from our partner universities and personal contact opportunities. Internationally oriented courses and foreign languages are central components of the study program.
- The International Office assists prospective international students with their application to Augsburg University of Applied Sciences. Registered foreign students are supported during their studies.
- You can find all necessary information on the websites of the Faculty and the International Office.
Start of Studies
Start Winter Semester on 1 October 2021
Application and admission
Selection procedure by an aptitude test
How exactly does the aptitude assessment procedure for the International Information Systems bachelor's degree program work?
Why a selection process at all? For the interdisciplinary degree program "International Information Systems" at Augsburg University of Applied Sciences, we search for particularly motivated and committed applicants. For that purpose, we use the aptitude testing procedure.
Which selection criteria are relevant is regulated in the subject examination and study regulations of the study program. For the degree program "International Information Systems":
- average grade of the university entrance qualification (HZB)
Notice: In case of a foreign university entrance qualification, an officially certified translation as well as the pre-examination documentation (VPD) by uni-assist.ev or the Zeugnisanerkennungsstelle Bayern must also be submitted.
- a written elaboration in four subareas, in which the choice of the study program has to be explained. Therefore, we recommend that you inform yourself about the study program and its contents, as well as career paths.
- In addition to the mandatory documents, additional documents may be submitted voluntarily to improve the chances of obtaining a place at the university:
- defined English tests ***(e.g. TOEFL at least 80 points; IELTS at least 6.5): improvement of the HZB grade point average by 0.2
- relevant vocational training or other practical work experience (at least 4 weeks) and previous degrees in the field of Information Systems /Business Information Systems or related subjects (Computer Science/Informatics, Business/Business Administration/Economics). Evidence must be written in English or German. Improvement of the HZB grade point average by 0.2
***Recognized language certificates: The language certificate must be no more than two years old.
- TOEFL: 80 - 94 points
- TOEIC: listening 430 -485 points; reading 400 -450 points
- IELTS: at least 6.5 points
- Telc: B2
- PTE Academic: 65-75 points
The following English language certificates are accepted:
- Cambridge English Language Assessment (B2: First Certificate in English (FCE); C1: Certificate in Advanced English (CAE))
- CET: College English Test
- GMAT: Graduate Management Admission Test
- LanguageCert International ESOL Qualifications
Please also note the offer of the International Office for foreign students.
For further information on application and admission, please visit: